Due to Covid-19 Strathcona Prep Volleyball School will NOT be able to operate full capacity Fall 2020. We are not able to train in any facilities in the Comox Valley and are working very hard to welcome athletes for January 2021.
We are hoping to run an after school program for athletes in Campbell River end of September-December. Please know that these programs could change and be cancelled due to Covid-19. For more information email Julie Young
Congratulations Strathcona Prep's Emoni Bush and Jada Hamer!!
Emoni and Jada have both been selected to participate in the Volleyball Canada National Excellence Program (NEP) starting in September. This program is designed to expose athletes to the training needed to perform at the highest level, they will be training with the best athletes in the in the country for their age category. Both Emoni and Jada have worked extremely hard on and off the court and we are so proud of their commitment to their development! We look forward to watching them achieve their goals!
"I adored my time with the academy and am definitely coming back next year for another go. Although it was cut short, in just a couple months I saw drastic improvement and gained confidence in myself as an athlete and a whole person. I found myself in awesome positions I wouldn’t have imagined days before coming. The culture was like one I hadn’t felt before and I was always taken care of from getting a physio appointment the day I needed it to a hug and conversation with the coaches. I strongly appreciated how much the coaches read us and our abilities day to day and adapted based off what we could do. I’m super excited to go back next year!"
Jada, current 17U student-athlete
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Want to train full time with professional coaches and like minded athletes
- Want to participate and excel at multiple sports
- Rural athletes:
- who may not have access to a high performance club team (some athletes do not have access to a team at all)
- who have to drive long distances in winter conditions
- who do not have access to strength coaches
- Do not have access to a quality high school team
- Want private and small group training.
- From colder winter cities who want to take advantage of beach volleyball training outdoors (3 month school season April-June)
- Want an academic environment that prepares them for post-secondary education
- Have aspirations to play College/University
- Would like to earn credits for their training
- Want a cross training experiences on Vancouver Island (the recreation opportunities are endless)
Choose the pro, that the pros chose!
The majority of Canadian athletes rely on volunteers for their development. SPVS provides top level coaches in a training environment similar to a University setting.
Staff led by Head Coach Jesse Knight of Abstract Volleyball has coached every level of the sport in the world. Europe professional, International for Team Canada, NCAA, USports and more. But most importantly due to his relentless innovation and learning he has proven to provide skill and tactical results. Multiple University teams and international athletes such as Sarah Chase , have benefited from this development program.
How it Works
Operates in partnership with School District 71 and 72. Student athletes on a high performance pathway in grades 9-12 will have an opportunity to balance their academic course load, volleyball training, strength and conditioning in a structured, yet flexible environment.
Train with athletes from all over Canada and the world, in a professional training environment
Optional recreation activities that few places in the world can provide. The Comox Valley boasts a warm climate and is minutes from the pacific ocean, Strathcona mountain range, 100's of lakes, rivers, trails and more.
2nd Semester athletes we will find you a club team to play on. (Our partners are Wave Volleyball Club, Crush Volleyball Club and Strikers Volleyball Club)
Student-athletes receive course credit for their training hours.
© Copyright Strathcona Prep